Thursday, January 31, 2008

Watch this #1: Beirut inhabits the Blogotheque

There is no denying the fact that I love Beirut. I have extolled his musical virtues both here (see my best of 2007 list) and on my radio show ever since I discovered Gulag Orkestar.

So I was doubly excited when I found a bunch of videos on youtube, one for each track from The Flying Club Cup. These videos, I soon discovered, were all shot for La Blogotheque, which is probably one of the best blogs I have ever found. Less preachy (and better written) than Pitchfork (hey, c'mon, we all love to bitch about it), the site includes interviews, free live concerts for downloading, as well as copious amounts of videos from artists as diverse as Caribou, Islands, Keren Ann and more.

La Blogotheque is mostly written in french, but there are a few english speaking/writing contributors to the site. This, however, should not dissuade you from visiting it. It could be in hungarian and you could still navigate this site as easily as any tourist who is lost in a world who'se language they don't speak. Because here, we all know how to listen.

Beirut,In The Masoleum

No comments: