Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So take a look at me now.

I'm in the mood for this #8
Cover me #2


I have a strange love-hate relationship with Phil Collins. I think he's a loser, but a loser who has moments of grandeur. I mean, c'mon, as annoying as Sussudio is, you have to admit it's a catchy little pop ditty. And I don't even want to think about how many weddings have played his songs. So I begrudgingly respect some of his works. Very begrudgingly.

But I forgive him when I hear other people play his songs. Namely, The Postal Service's cover of "Against All Odds". I mean, c'mon, even the New York Post thinks it's one of the best covers of all time. But then again, they did vote for Animal Ant Farm's cover of "Smooth Criminal".



Enjoy

Gonzales, "Overnight", Solo Piano
Cat Power, "Wild is the wind", The Covers Record
Keren Ann, "Not going anywhere", Not going anywhere
Richard Buckner, "Mud", Bloomed
Beirut, "A sunday smile", The Flying Cup Club
Nina Simone, "Love me or leave me"
Gentleman Reg, "It's not safe", Darby & Joan
Meryn Cadell, "The Sweater", Angel food for thought
Meryn Cadell, "Barbie", Angel food for thought
Arctic Monkeys,"You know I'm no good"
Postal Service, "Against all odds"
The Superfantastics, "Van Gogh", Choose your destination
Buzzcocks, "Ever fallen in love (with someone you shouldn't)?", 30
M83, "Teen Angst", Before the dawn heals us
Buck 65, "Spooked", Cretin Hip Hop Vol. 1
Burial, "Archangel", Untrue
Thom Yorke, "Skip Divided (Modeselektor remix)"
Thunderheist, "Horny"
Jahcoozi, "BLN"
Cadence Weapon, "In search of the youth crew", Afterparty Babies
Tricky, "Brand new you're retro", Maxinquaye
New Young Pony Club, "The Bomb (Phones Edit)"
MSTRKRFT, "Work on you (Para One Remix)", 12"

For more covers, just click on the links to lead you to the originals.

Richard Buckner's "22"

No comments: