Monday, February 8, 2010

Disco Recommendations.

My friend Andre asked me for some disco suggestions.

"I thought disco was dead," he said.

It just went underground and got dirty. When it decided to come back up, it came back with a polished vengeance.

Take for example, all the wonderful tracks and remixes coming out of Scandinavia, such as Lindstrom, Prins Thomas and Todd Terje

Or sometimes you just want things to be a little rougher.

As I have mentioned before, it's all about THE EDIT.

An edit is what it sounds like. Take a record, edit out the shitty bits, pump up the best bits. Like this edit of a Talking Heads song, put out by Disco Deviance..

Personally, I'm rather fond of this track, which is considered an edit, but could easily be termed a mash-up (which is a term which leads me to negative knee-jerk reactions).

Take one part Candi Staton and one part Electra, and you get this beautiful piece of dark days of disco goodness.

No comments: