Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why didn't I listen to this earlier: Rufus & Chaka Khan


Disco is not a dirty word #15
Why didn't I listen to this earlier #1



Occasionally you will buy or find something and you might think, "I should really check this out." I'm not talking about a recent album, I'm talking about an album or an artists that is so intrinsic to popular culture (or a particular sub-culture) that you kind of ignore them because you think either:

a.) they're not worth knowing
b.) you'll hear it eventually.

And that's how I ended up buying this album by Rufus & Chaka Khan:



It's been sitting among a pile of other records that I had yet to listen to. "I'll get to it eventually".

And now, I can't take it off my turntable.

Why I didn't listen to this before, I don't know.

Enjoy

No comments: