Monday, February 11, 2008

Disco is not a dirty word #3: Poni Hoax, Nuovo-Italo

I don't even remember where I first heard them.



I found an MP3 on a blog, somewhere. It listened to it, dug it, asked Jeff about it, but he had never heard of them.

I kind of forgot about it for a couple of months until I started going through songs to put on the new iPod Nano I got for Xmas. I made a list of all the MP3s I had only listened to once or twice and put all of them on the Nano. While taking the bus, I heard thisbass line kick in. It hit me hard. This was amazing. How could I have not realised how good this was? It also didn't hurt that for the past month or so I had gone on a re-discovery of disco and learned all about the wonders of Italo. Believe me, I'm still learning. (Shut up Jeff).

I haven't been able to find out much. They're French. The girl is a guest vocalist, apparently. "Budapest" was produced by Joakim Bouaziz who has worked with Tiga, Annie and Air. They put out a new single in 2007 called "Antibodies". They're wonderful. And they have fanned the flames of my love of disco.

Enjoy.

Video for "Antibodies"by Poni Hoax

No comments: