Thursday, August 7, 2008

Disco Reaffirmations


This Man Is
Saving My Life


So in a world where any kid with Torque, a laptop and the "right" MP3's (320KBPS if you're going to play those MP3's in public please?) can call themselves a DJ, i've kinda lost my faith in disco dancing.

Enter Jacques Renault, the man can throw down, he plays the "wrong" records in the right order, on occassion he trainwrecks, he can re-edit a record within an inch of it's life, and along with production partner Marcos Cabral as Runaway produced one of the best dance jams of 2008.

It's called "Brooklyn Club Jam", It's out on a Rekids/DFA (those DFA boys are getting into the cross Label pollination aren't they) and it will tear your ass apart.

http://www.myspace.com/rrrunaway

(I was going to post the MP3, but that feels kinda cheap, just go buy it)

Jacques Renault along with Mike Simonetti (who I shook my shit to several weeks ago in Toronto) and Tim Sweeney are keeping my disco elitist ways alive.

Respect!


No comments: