Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fuck the Google

I'm in the mood for this #23
Give me some soul # 2
Cover me# 7


A few months ago, I discovered an interesting tunesmith by the name of Beaufort. What can I tell you about them? Nada. I know two songs, "I don't wanna die" and "Fuck the Google". I found a myspace (see link above), a few links to blogs talking about them, but very little real info. All I know is that I am now inspired to make all of links for this post google answers (this could get interesting...)and that I can encapsulate the brilliant simplicity of Beaufort and their lyrics in one simple quote: "Fuck the emo".

MP3- "Fuck The Google



Halifax keeps on getting good shows. First Leonard Cohen, then Jose Gonzales, Bloc Party in September and now, a (unfortunately forgotten until now) soul songstress Betty Lavette will be playing the Great Atlantic Blues & Beyond Festival on Saturday, September 20th. Her 2005 album, "I've got my own hell to raise" re-invevnted songs by female songwriters such as Dolly Parton, Lucinda Williams and Fiona Apple(???).



Speaking of strange covers, Adem has put out a new album featuring nothing but covers of some of his favourite songs, including "Boy Girl Song" by Aphex Twin and Bjork's "Unravel" (played on the latest episode of Moody Morning Music, see below). I'm such a sucker for covers.


Moody Morning Music for July 29th, 2008.

Gonzales, "Overnight", Solo Piano
Richard Buckner, "22", Bloomed
Beirut, "Mount Wroclai (Idle Days)", Gulag Orkestar
Neutral Milk Hotel, "King Of Carrot Flowers", In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Laura Peek & The Winning Hearts, "Stand Right There", From The Photographs
Mates Of State, "Re-Arranger", Re-Arrange Us
Superfantastics. "Tonight, Tonite", Pop-Up Book
Wolf Parade, "Soldier's Grin", At Mount Zoomer
Beck, "Gamma Rays", Modern Guilt
Vancougar, "Unmanned", Canadian Tuxedoes
Gonazales, "Working Together", Soft Power
Lyn Collins, "Think About It"
Sharon Jones & Dap Kings, "How Long Do I have To Wait", Naturally
Carrie Lucas, "Dance With You"
Kid Creole, "Double On Back", Going Places
King Khan & The Shrines, "Land Of The Freak", The Supreme Genius Of...
Buck 65, "Dang", Situation
Ghislain Poirier, "Blazin'", No Ground Under
Ratatat, "Mirando", LP3
CSS, "Jager Yoga", Donkey
Beaufort, "Fuck The Google"
Peaches, "Shake Yer Dix", FatherFucker
N.E.R.D., "Everyone Nose"
Annie, "Loco"


Moody Morning Music for August 5thm 2008

Gonzales, "Overnight", Solo Piano
Archivist, "Fanulous Muscles",
Final Fantasy, "Many Lives --> 49 MP", He Poos Clouds
Adem, "Unravel", Takes
Watson Twins, "Just Like Heaven", Fire Songs
Wax Mannequin, "Animals Jump", Orchard & ire
Got to get got, "Blood tests", Canadian Arts Collective
Dog Day "Night Group", Night Group
Wolf Parade, "California Dreamer", At Mount Zoomer
Betty Lavette, "You're a man of words, I'm a woman of action"
Baby Huey, "Hard Times"
Buck 65, "Spooked", Cretin Hip Hop Vol 1
Danger Doom, "Old School Rules", The Mouse & The Mask
Girl Talk, "Let Me See You", Feed The Animals
Liquid Liquid, "Cavern"
Ian Dury & The Blockheads, "Spasticus Autisticus"
Hercules & Love Affair, "This is my love", S/T
Kid Creole, "Double ON Back",
CSS, "Move", Donkey
Annie, "I know your girlfriend hates me"
The Ting Tings, "That's not my name"
Bloc Party, "Flux"

1 comment:

JeffreyAnthonyLiberatore said...

The Moody Morning mixes have been quite on point lately.

Love!